Feedback Technical Grievances -

AprilRains

Drowning Pumpkin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh, I'm sorry. Let me explain what that means to you two paypigs. The warrant canary means that there is usually a canary image like there used to be. A warrant canary without a canary image means the site is compromised. Sorry you paid.
It's not a canary, you absolute idiot. It's a kiwi, and it's not what makes a warrant canary meaningful.

Please shut up and never open your mouth again.

theshep

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What is the autistic reason why we can't upload .mkv files?

Edit: I mean, for fuck's sake.

Capture.JPG

C0rona

kiwifarms.net
Not sure if this is a technical grievance but I don't want to make this it's own thread. Basically, I chose the name C0rona back in February before the virus got bad because I've used the username Corona for years. Well of course everything went to the shitter and now I look like an edgy teenager, is there any way for a username change or should I stop being braindead and just make a new account?

Twinkie

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You could try making a thread in Talk To Staff. But I wouldn't count on being granted a namechange. In any case don't make your next username something you have used previously, that's not a good idea.

Reactions: greengrilledcheese

Mr Yuck

kiwifarms.net
I'm sorry if this has been addressed before, but the Like button seems to act a bit strange.

I accidentally clicked Like for a post, but I'd originally intended to hover and choose a different reaction. I hovered the like button, but upon attempting to click a different reaction it said:

"Oops! We ran into some problems.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action. "

Next, I clicked the Like button to remove my initial reaction. After that, I hovered, selected a reaction (other than like) and it gave me the same error message.

Just to test, I clicked Like, and that seemed to work just fine.

Unless something is wonky on my end, it would appear that once you have selected Like as a reaction, you're unable to change it. Only toggle the Like on or off.

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
I'm sorry if this has been addressed before, but the Like button seems to act a bit strange.

I accidentally clicked Like for a post, but I'd originally intended to hover and choose a different reaction. I hovered the like button, but upon attempting to click a different reaction it said:

"Oops! We ran into some problems.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action. "

Next, I clicked the Like button to remove my initial reaction. After that, I hovered, selected a reaction (other than like) and it gave me the same error message.

Just to test, I clicked Like, and that seemed to work just fine.

Unless something is wonky on my end, it would appear that once you have selected Like as a reaction, you're unable to change it. Only toggle the Like on or off.
I'm not able to reproduce that.

Were you trying to use one of the reactions that only certain groups are allowed to use? That's the only time I've seen that error message. (You shouldn't be able to see them in the list of reactions to pick, either, but that's been a known bug for ages.)

Regular users should be able to give Like, Dislike, Agree, Disagree, Winner, Informative, Thunk-Provoking, Feels, Islamic Content, Lunacy, Autistic, Horrifying, Optimistic, TMI, Late, Dumb, and Mad at the Internet. True & Honest Fans have access to the Semper Fidelis, Deviant, and DRINK! reactions. I think only admins/mods can give the Achievement reaction.

Mr Yuck

kiwifarms.net
I'm not able to reproduce that.

Were you trying to use one of the reactions that only certain groups are allowed to use? That's the only time I've seen that error message. (You shouldn't be able to see them in the list of reactions to pick, either, but that's been a known bug for ages.)

Regular users should be able to give Like, Dislike, Agree, Disagree, Winner, Informative, Thunk-Provoking, Feels, Islamic Content, Lunacy, Autistic, Horrifying, Optimistic, TMI, Late, Dumb, and Mad at the Internet. True & Honest Fans have access to the Semper Fidelis, Deviant, and DRINK! reactions. I think only admins/mods can give the Achievement reaction.
Oh! Yes! I was trying to use the Achievement reaction! I'm sorry, I didn't know that was a mod only reaction, since it shows up along with all the others. Thanks!

bothiggedyhog

Thank fucking god its all coming to the light.
kiwifarms.net
this might be the fault of slow internet but I was editing a post where my text got stuck in the quote box and the completed edit created a new post. so i went back to edit the original post to look more normal and to apologize for the double post... now i've posted three times and look like a tard. worst thing is my original post is still lost in the quote box. I don't dare edit again, but now I am a three in a row poster who can't get out of the quote box, this is my one and only argument for having a delete feature.

I'm gonna edit this post and see if this happens again

edit: if you're reading this in one post its fixed. it was probably my shit internet

Last edited:

Twinkie

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
this might be the fault of slow internet but I was editing a post where my text got stuck in the quote box and the completed edit created a new post. so i went back to edit the original post to look more normal and to apologize for the double post... now i've posted three times and look like a tard. worst thing is my original post is still lost in the quote box. I don't dare edit again, but now I am a three in a row poster who can't get out of the quote box, this is my one and only argument for having a delete feature.

I'm gonna edit this post and see if this happens again

edit: if you're reading this in one post its fixed. it was probably my shit internet
There is a delete feature. It's not accessible to you because your account is so new. Someone reported your triple post and I merged it. I'm not sure what you mean by "cant get out of the quote box," can you post a screenshot?

Tags
None