Feedback Technical Grievances -

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
this might be the fault of slow internet but I was editing a post where my text got stuck in the quote box and the completed edit created a new post. so i went back to edit the original post to look more normal and to apologize for the double post... now i've posted three times and look like a tard. worst thing is my original post is still lost in the quote box. I don't dare edit again, but now I am a three in a row poster who can't get out of the quote box, this is my one and only argument for having a delete feature.

I'm gonna edit this post and see if this happens again

edit: if you're reading this in one post its fixed. it was probably my shit internet
Do you mean that you posted, but your post stayed in the post composer so you thought that it didn't post and you posted it again? It saves a draft of your post in case anything happens, and sometimes it doesn't delete the draft after you post it. It's usually if you have more than one tab open (the other tab can remember your draft post, but won't know that you posted it)... I'm not sure, but maybe an internet connection issue could also cause it.

Refresh the page just to make sure (and be mindful that your post might have created a new page), and if your post was actually posted successfully, just delete the draft (there's a "Delete draft" option in the post formatting tools under the floppy disk icon).

To edit the post, you just click the edit button underneath it. Then your post will be replaced by an editor where you can edit your post and and save the edit. Unfortunately the "insert quotes" option isn't available on that editor; if you want to add any more quotes to it you have to insert them into the new post composer (which is at the very bottom of the page) and cut-and-paste that code into the editor.

Last edited:

bothiggedyhog

Thank fucking god its all coming to the light.
kiwifarms.net
Do you mean that you posted, but your post stayed in the post composer so you thought that it didn't post and you posted it again? It saves a draft of your post in case anything happens, and sometimes it doesn't delete the draft after you post it. It's usually if you have more than one tab open (the other tab can remember your draft post, but won't know that you posted it)... I'm not sure, but maybe an internet connection issue could also cause it.

Refresh the page just to make sure (and be mindful that your post might have created a new page), and if your post was actually posted successfully, just delete the draft (there's a "Delete draft" option in the post formatting tools under the floppy disk icon).

To edit the post, you just click the edit button underneath it. Then your post will be replaced by an editor where you can edit your post and and save the edit. Unfortunately the "insert quotes" option isn't available on that editor; if you want to add any more quotes to it you have to insert them into the new post composer (which is at the very bottom of the page) and cut-and-paste that code into the editor.
thanks. its entirely possible I messed this one up, i was quite tired and the boxes were both at the bottom of the page saying the same thing. never did manage to figure out the quote problem but after I refreshed the page I just removed the whole quote box. My internet problem is that the page will sometimes lag going between unposted and posted for a full minute so I thought maybe some wires crossed there, i'll be more careful saving my edits in future and if a double post does occur ill just leave it or refresh

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
thanks. its entirely possible I messed this one up, i was quite tired and the boxes were both at the bottom of the page saying the same thing. never did manage to figure out the quote problem but after I refreshed the page I just removed the whole quote box. My internet problem is that the page will sometimes lag going between unposted and posted for a full minute so I thought maybe some wires crossed there, i'll be more careful saving my edits in future and if a double post does occur ill just leave it or refresh
Once you've been around for a while you get an option to delete your posts, so if it does happen you can do that... until then you can just report it and ask that it be deleted (or merged).

• Feels
Reactions: bothiggedyhog

hundredpercent

kiwifarms.net
It would be really nice if the webms could be stored as compressed copies as well. I understand that they are important for archival purposes, but streaming them at the current (high) bitrates is not feasible over Tor.

Video Games

WASH YOUR HAIR!
kiwifarms.net
I tried to click on an attachment over in the U.S. Riots of May 2020 over George Floyd thread, and the link led me to an error page where I appeared to be logged in as user @los pepes :
lospepes.png
I couldn't click on the profile or anything, and back on the original thread page, though I got a banner that said I had logged in as a different user and needed to refresh, when I refreshed I was still on my own account. This user has been posting in said thread but he didn't post the attachment I clicked.

I'm not sure if this is a serious issue that needs to be addressed, since nothing came of it, but it is at least weird. I get a page showing me as logged in as @los pepes when I follow the link in incognito (logged out) too. If anyone else clicks the attachment link I gave, do you also get a page that displays you as logged in as another user?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: los pepes

los pepes

kiwifarms.net
I tried to click on an attachment over in the U.S. Riots of May 2020 over George Floyd thread, and the link led me to an error page where I appeared to be logged in as user @los pepes :
View attachment 1372204
I couldn't click on the profile or anything, and back on the original thread page, though I got a banner that said I had logged in as a different user and needed to refresh, when I refreshed I was still on my own account. This user has been posting in said thread but he didn't post the attachment I clicked.

I'm not sure if this is a serious issue that needs to be addressed, since nothing came of it, but it is at least weird. I get a page showing me as logged in as @los pepes when I follow the link in incognito (logged out) too. If anyone else clicks the attachment link I gave, do you also get a page that displays you as logged in as another user?
I remember clicking an attachment and that error page coming up. Didn't stay long enough to see if the page showed me logged in as someone else though. Weird...

• Informative
Reactions: Video Games

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Clownflare sometimes caches the error page with the user on it but you aren't really logged in as them. Unless you can actually click on the avatar and look at his shit, it's just that. It's a known issue.

Sexy Potoo

Sexiest bird on the planet
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When I try to attach an image, the preview loads the image correctly.
When I hit post however, the image is broken, not showing the image at all, instead it just shows the icon that indicates that the image is missing.

The strange thing is that when I go back to edit the post, the image loads correctly in the edit window, but goes right back to being broken when resubmit the post.

Is it just a quirk of the web code? I am posting from mobile just FYI.

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
When I try to attach an image, the preview loads the image correctly.
When I hit post however, the image is broken, not showing the image at all, instead it just shows the icon that indicates that the image is missing.

The strange thing is that when I go back to edit the post, the image loads correctly in the edit window, but goes right back to being broken when resubmit the post.

Is it just a quirk of the web code? I am posting from mobile just FYI.
Download the image to your device and upload it as an attachment.

Embedding the image using a link is called "hotlinking" and often breaks because other sites don't like it when you do that. Even when hotlinking works, it'll break if the site hosting the image ever goes tits up, so uploading the image to your post is the preferred method anyway.

hundredpercent

kiwifarms.net
Onionsite Not Found

The most likely cause is that the onionsite is offline. Contact the onionsite administrator.

Details: 0xF0 — The requested onion service descriptor can't be found on the hashring and therefore the service is not reachable by the client.

---

The onion redirect breaks the site for Tor users whenever the onion is down. If you'd use onion-location instead of a 302, users could disable it when it's broken.

All you need to do is to add this to the nginx config:

Code:
    add_header Onion-Location http://uquusqsaaad66cvub4473csdu4uu7ahxou3zqc35fpw5d4ificedzyqd.onion$request_uri;
Also look into onionbalance to make the onion more robust. Why does it go down so often?

JuniperFalls

kiwifarms.net
For the past couple days, I've been unable to put anything except plaintext or raw links in a post: no screenshots (nothing happens when I hit "Ctrl + v"), and the entire formatting bar is in unresponsive greyscale.

I've not made any changes or updates to the devices I use to read and post here, FWIW.

SIGSEGV

Segmentation fault (core dumped)
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For the past couple days, I've been unable to put anything except plaintext or raw links in a post: no screenshots (nothing happens when I hit "Ctrl + v"), and the entire formatting bar is in unresponsive greyscale.

I've not made any changes or updates to the devices I use to read and post here, FWIW.
You probably have BB code turned on. Click the gear icon at the very end of the formatting bar.
1594236263460.png

Tags
None