ValiDate - an upcoming (and unsurprisingly racist) visual novel made by SJW's, for SJW's.

barefoot eel

kiwifarms.net
So there's a gold mine we've all been missing.

Several, arguably.
Thanks for this post. It really does lay out how obvious the grift is at this point.

Touting a UI rework like it's an actual update is hysterically pathetic. Anyone so inclined could easily google "renpy ui" and tell, even with minimum coding experience, that it's an afternoon's worth of work at most.

I'm sure someone has already made this comparison, but this will absolutely be looked back on as the spiritual successor to the Arkh Project in a few years. It has all the same themes: unhinged narcissists in charge with playground-tier fantasies about game development, terminal vitriol towards white people, and a mysterious black hole of vague "progress" that needs increasingly more money poured into it. The only real difference is that this time there's multiple Rileys involved, and considering there's already blatant favoritism on display within the cast, there's no way this many fragile egos are going to be placated by Patreon crumbs. I wouldn't be surprised if the extended "break" was because of internal drama and I just hope we get to see some hilarious discord leaks from rioting ex-staff before it inevitably gets nuked.

Has anyone seen public scrutiny about this at all? How much longer can they beg for money and post memes before people realize they're being had?

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
Has anyone seen public scrutiny about this at all? How much longer can they beg for money and post memes before people realize they're being had?
With how hard they're hiding behind both the POC and the LGBT flags, it'll take a very long time for their grift to be called out. Someone with a large following will have to do it first, and so far I don't think anyone who would be a good candidate (read, a large LGBT youtuber/influencer) for it is even aware of this bullshit.

GrammaNazi

kiwifarms.net
Hmm. Mysterious breaks in updates, constant release date pushbacks, uneven character focus, and now splitting the game into parts. This sounds like some of the artists aren't doing their jobs and tension may be building behind the scenes. If any character gets dropped we should keep an eye on that character's artist for any salty juice to emerge.

To those Kiwis wondering why Yolanda receives extra attention and is featured more then the others, it because she's the Head Developer's self-insert. Let's take a look at Yolanda and compare her to Dani.
image05.jpg
dani.jpg

It's like she traced her own photo to create Yolanda's appearance. Here's another bit of tracing: https://twitter.com/danulmao/status/1378752253687906306
yolandabackg.jpg
Screenshot (35).png

The couch, cushions, and window match up. I would literally roll on the floor laughing if it also turns out that Dani has French or South Korean ancestry.

Dr. Sexbot

The Positronic Pimp
kiwifarms.net
So, their one-month break starting around August 10 became either two or three months, I'd guess 3, because of their sheer laziness.

But it gets worse. It gets so much worse.

Do you want to know why they decided to take a break in August, around the tenth? Because of this:

View attachment 2060673
So, it took them about 3 months for how many people to burn through 47k? That's a lot of fucking programming socks.

Disc

I want my cringe New Years Announcement, dammit.
kiwifarms.net
Bitch, a fucking dating sim about Pigeons got funded and multi ported.
at best, big corporate parodies are a symptom, not a cause, of the problem: VNs are viewed largely as cheap and very easy to make, and anything you could do in a vn, basically has already been done. We have vn's based in columbine-esque high schools, we have vns with pigeons, we have vns where npcs go crazy and take over the game world, we have vn's about finding murderers... compared to all that, a VN where a random mix of self-inserts and OCs talk to each other and don't even romance half the time is boring as fuck.

"Dating sim but it's an official one for (insert IP here)" is literally the only new ground to break.

Last edited:

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
at best, big corporate parodies are a symptom, not a cause, of the problem: VNs are viewed largely as cheap and very easy to make, and anything you could do in a vn, basically has already been done. We have vn's based in columbine-esque high schools, we have vns with pigeons, we have vns where npcs go crazy and take over the game world, we have vn's about finding murderers... compared to all that, a VN where a random mix of self-inserts and OCs talk to each other and don't even romance half the time is boring as fuck.
VNs are the favored genre for cheap shovelware these days, yeah. In the past it would have been 2D platformers. In Current Year, we don't even get gameplay and animations anymore. Just lots of pretentiously-written words and static images.

Aaa0aaa0

internet sticker enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
Short translation: We're not even close to done, but we might be able to take four specific characters and publish their routes. We can't decide who because the malik guy finished first and he's the best character realistically but the worst in-lore.

Yeah, this game's development is fucked. No one is going to buy the DLC. some stooges will buy the base game, but NOBOD
Holy shit, so its going to end up around 25-30$? And possibly be pissed into thin air once the base game drops and no one pats the creators' asses? Good find!
I wonder why no publisher would want to take on this game? It might be because of the horrible art, the unprofessional people working on this game, the fact that player base is limited, and how it seems like a scam.
Add to how niche both visual novels and matchmaking games are and you have a recipe for publisher apathy.
At least 4 years I feel. That way, people can outright say they were not delivered a project. If they do deliver something, then everyone will shut their eyes and mouths and pretend it doesn't exist since you may not be able to say that this game is bad or what have you due to POCs being untouchable, but boy, you sure can give it the silent treatment.
Hmm. Mysterious breaks in updates, constant release date pushbacks, uneven character focus, and now splitting the game into parts. This sounds like some of the artists aren't doing their jobs and tension may be building behind the scenes. If any character gets dropped we should keep an eye on that character's artist for any salty juice to emerge.

To those Kiwis wondering why Yolanda receives extra attention and is featured more then the others, it because she's the Head Developer's self-insert. Let's take a look at Yolanda and compare her to Dani.
View attachment 2061612
View attachment 2061615

It's like she traced her own photo to create Yolanda's appearance. Here's another bit of tracing: https://twitter.com/danulmao/status/1378752253687906306
View attachment 2061617
View attachment 2061616

The couch, cushions, and window match up. I would literally roll on the floor laughing if it also turns out that Dani has French or South Korean ancestry.
Dude, good catch. I think its worse: I think she's a koreaboo. It could be a colaboration between her and another artist on the team who's Korean, but honestly I bet she has the same asian fetishism that Riley Dennings had but on a smaller scale.

Her carrd is interesting:

Screenshot_20210406-002345_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20210406-002419_Samsung Internet.jpg
She's still looking for work while managing a project. :stress:

I like that she thinks she'll make a great sensitivity reader. I think I should send her my book on struggling Italian Americans to make sure its perfect for her :story:.

I'm half surprised half unsurprised no one has bothered to look up other members of the group to see if they're saying anything funny. I say that because I can't be assed and don't blame anyone else here for not giving a shit either.

Disc

I want my cringe New Years Announcement, dammit.
kiwifarms.net
Holy shit, so its going to end up around 25-30$? And possibly be pissed into thin air once the base game drops and no one pats the creators' asses? Good find!

Add to how niche both visual novels and matchmaking games are and you have a recipe for publisher apathy.

At least 4 years I feel. That way, people can outright say they were not delivered a project. If they do deliver something, then everyone will shut their eyes and mouths and pretend it doesn't exist since you may not be able to say that this game is bad or what have you due to POCs being untouchable, but boy, you sure can give it the silent treatment.

Dude, good catch. I think its worse: I think she's a koreaboo. It could be a colaboration between her and another artist on the team who's Korean, but honestly I bet she has the same asian fetishism that Riley Dennings had but on a smaller scale.

Her carrd is interesting:

View attachment 2063062
View attachment 2063061
She's still looking for work while managing a project. :stress:

I like that she thinks she'll make a great sensitivity reader. I think I should send her my book on struggling Italian Americans to make sure its perfect for her :story:.

I'm half surprised half unsurprised no one has bothered to look up other members of the group to see if they're saying anything funny. I say that because I can't be assed and don't blame anyone else here for not giving a shit either.
Focus on your own damn game before you try to get a side hustle critiquing others. Having a published and successful game is a better portfolio contribution than literally everything else you could be doing. Trying to bulk it up on the side will only result in less attention going to the game that desperately needs your attention right now.

Aaa0aaa0

internet sticker enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
Focus on your own damn game before you try to get a side hustle critiquing others. Having a published and successful game is a better portfolio contribution than literally everything else you could be doing. Trying to bulk it up on the side will only result in less attention going to the game that desperately needs your attention right now.
Optimistically, she finished all her share of the writing and is looking for things to do. Realistically, she got bored of her own project and realized she only wants to critique media insightfully now (aka be paid to be a nitpicking sjw fan) :story:

Neil

THE CLEANSE HAS BEGUN
kiwifarms.net
A patreon? Where the fuck did the kickstarter money go?

This is a visual novel for chrissakes, it shouldn't take this much money to produce!

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
It's from Riot.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/valoran...-agents-romance-dating-sim-game-based-shooter

Sounds amusing. They just had an idea that was halfway serious and ran with it. It's a spin-off of Valorant. So it already has roots in an established game. They also managed to do all this without "fuck white people" memes.

Dani just jelly.

I'll take "Big fat scam" for $500 Alex.
Anthony Burch adjacent; before Riot finally released games other than League of Legends(because it made so much fucking money for 10 years), they would spitball a bunch of oddball concepts in 48-hour gamejams internally and not release them publicly, but anything people were proud of would leak out occasionally. "Legal Legends" is one such game Burch wrote for. Basically actual programmers and artists can shit out fake games more impressive than indie kickscammers at a fraction of the speed.

Actual footage of Legal Legends:

Sad thing is no one will question these scammers and demand a game when cows like Zoe Quinn/Chuck Tingle are still undelivered on "The Tingler" years later and there's still no real public blowback or consequences.

1617787776580.png
>2021...I am forgotten...
>it wasn't even fucking remembered by anyone other than this stupid fucking board in the first place

:story:

Touting a UI rework like it's an actual update is hysterically pathetic. Anyone so inclined could easily google "renpy ui" and tell, even with minimum coding experience, that it's an afternoon's worth of work at most.
Dead By Daylight players just suffered through a UI rework that is universally hated and apparently took 4 years to do(probably partially because of all the cross-play platforms) but it was considered a major update/release. Devs get away with this more than they should.

Last edited:

NerdShamer

International Glownigger Commander
kiwifarms.net
A patreon? Where the fuck did the kickstarter money go?

This is a visual novel for chrissakes, it shouldn't take this much money to produce!
Because the devs are hilariously incompetent and it's already been proven that they can't be bothered to create their own background art.

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
Because the devs are hilariously incompetent and it's already been proven that they can't be bothered to create their own background art.
I was going to try to counter that, but then I thought of all of the vns I've played that used real locations as backgrounds and all of them either credited a specific photographer for licensing the photo or the vn was 100% free and not crowd funded.

NerdShamer

International Glownigger Commander
kiwifarms.net
I was going to try to counter that, but then I thought of all of the vns I've played that used real locations as backgrounds and all of them either credited a specific photographer for licensing the photo or the vn was 100% free and not crowd funded.
Could always make your own background scenery instead of just taking pictures. It takes a few hours to get lightning and textures right, but at least you don't have to worry about crediting people.