YABookgate -

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No, it's okay, she's woke now. She sang one song about gay people being persecuted and hates Trump so she's fine.
Also it's like 99% sure at this point she's a rugmuncher herself, so, meh. Let bygones be bygones now that you are part of the Sex Weirdo Collective.

Reactions: SpeedOSanicRee

PurpleEater

kiwifarms.net
I thought Taylor Swift was still evil because she's publically criticized George Soros twice this year for his "shameless greed" because of his role in financing the purchase of the rights to her music?
Her problematic elements always seem to be quickly forgotten when a new album cycle begins.

PurpleEater

kiwifarms.net
An update on the latest lunacy going on in YA Twitter. It involves that same author we discussed upthread named Rainbow Rowell who wrote the book about the kids in the '80s that's apparently "racist."

I found this recent thread in which a dangerhair SJW chimps out over a famous author not responding to their demands and cries for attention on social media really funny. It keeps going but this is the gist of it, complete lack of self-awareness and all (and Rainbow just restricted/blocked/ignored this person which is even funnier):

Attachments

Piga Dgrifm

Pita Griffin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
An update on the latest lunacy going on in YA Twitter. It involves that same author we discussed upthread named Rainbow Rowell who wrote the book about the kids in the '80s that's apparently "racist."

I found this recent thread in which a dangerhair SJW chimps out over a famous author not responding to their demands and cries for attention on social media really funny. It keeps going but this is the gist of it, complete lack of self-awareness and all (and Rainbow just restricted/blocked/ignored this person which is even funnier):
This is one of the (many) books they're mad at for depicting racism as a thing that happens, right? Because they're incapable of understanding that something happening in a story doesn't mean the author approves of it.

"Why the fuck did this bitch block me? All I did was harass her from multiple accounts for a couple hours!"

Someone in a Tree

It's the ripple, not the sea that is happening
kiwifarms.net
"Why the fuck did this bitch block me? All I did was harass her from multiple accounts for a couple hours!"
The people who like to threaten people’s free speech by deplatforming are the ones who think their freedom of speech is under attack when the targets of their harassment campaigns does the sensible thing and block them.

Elwood P. Dowd

Gone Daddy Gone
kiwifarms.net
Some of the YA/author cows I follow have been sperging non-stop about the new Taylor Swift album, and are apparently trying to write an anthology based on it that's approved by Taylor personally and her team ( 🌈 🌈 🌈 🌈 ). Of course, they only want disabled/POC/LGBTQIAAA+ etc. to participate:
So a shitty version of this, then?

2113 : Stories Inspired by the Music of Rush

Note: All the authors I recognize are white, and the only female I see on the list is Mercedes Lackey. Talk about problematic. The sad part being we all know a Taylor Swift anthology would doubtless outsell this by an order of magnitude. 🤮

TaimuRadiu

Kaiserin
kiwifarms.net
So a shitty version of this, then?

2113 : Stories Inspired by the Music of Rush

Note: All the authors I recognize are white, and the only female I see on the list is Mercedes Lackey. Talk about problematic. The sad part being we all know a Taylor Swift anthology would doubtless outsell this by an order of magnitude. 🤮
Wouldn't stories inspired by the music of Rush just be a reprinting of We the Living, Anthem, and Atlas Shrugged?

LetterlandMafia

Foreclose on me one more time
kiwifarms.net
The SFF community continues its descent into chaos. The Hugo Awards were last night, George RR Martin hosted, and by all accounts it was a disaster. GRRM was GRRM and mispronounced a load of the winners' names (I'm seeing conflicting reports that said he was given a pronunciation guide and ignored it), which sent pronoun twitter into hisses and screeches.

1596390719665.png

1596390727440.png

1596390734407.png

The Sad Puppies were far from perfect but you can't say they didn't see this coming.

There's threads about it on the r/fantasy and r/hobbydrama subreddit. Fantasy is broadly supportive of Martin though it could be brigaded, while HobbyDrama is full of Yikesposting because it's infested with SRD types.

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The SFF community continues its descent into chaos. The Hugo Awards were last night, George RR Martin hosted, and by all accounts it was a disaster. GRRM was GRRM and mispronounced a load of the winners' names (I'm seeing conflicting reports that said he was given a pronunciation guide and ignored it), which sent pronoun twitter into hisses and screeches.

View attachment 1490755
View attachment 1490756
View attachment 1490758

The Sad Puppies were far from perfect but you can't say they didn't see this coming.

There's threads about it on the r/fantasy and r/hobbydrama subreddit. Fantasy is broadly supportive of Martin though it could be brigaded, while HobbyDrama is full of Yikesposting because it's infested with SRD types.
I talked about this a bit here: https://kiwifarms.net/threads/creat...-politics-happened.72930/page-18#post-7040360

One thing I think is worth reiterating is that several of these meltdowns kvetch about GRRM prominently featuring book covers and other signs of his success where they could be seen on camera. As always, envy of another writer's success gnaws at these assholes, and has way more to do with their anger than they'll ever admit.

LetterlandMafia

Foreclose on me one more time
kiwifarms.net
I talked about this a bit here: https://kiwifarms.net/threads/creat...-politics-happened.72930/page-18#post-7040360

One thing I think is worth reiterating is that several of these meltdowns kvetch about GRRM prominently featuring book covers and other signs of his success where they could be seen on camera. As always, envy of another writer's success gnaws at these assholes, and has way more to do with their anger than they'll ever admit.
Oh it’s 100% envy. I remember a twitter thread a while back bemoaning how all the fantasy books in bookshops were Dead White Men books rather than the modern ones. Obviously dressed up as supporting Queer BIPOC authors and whatnot, but you could see the entitlement. How dare these shops have classic fantasy on the shelves and not my book? Failing to understand that classics are a way in to a niche genre like SFF, that and your books are predictable garbage only celebrated because you and your clique have cornered the community and forced it to lick your boots until you forget you’re forcing them.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

They chose their poison, let them just keep sucking the troon cock while the audience abandons the genre.

Obviously dressed up as supporting Queer BIPOC authors and whatnot, but you could see the entitlement. How dare these shops have classic fantasy on the shelves and not my book?
Try writing something that isn't utterly worthless woke garbage. Your fake, rigged Hugo doesn't translate into sales.

whitepumpkin

Verified Autumn White Girl
kiwifarms.net
HobbyDrama is full of Yikesposting because it's infested with SRD types.
Hobbydrama is all women and fags with boring lives who snoop for 'drama' and make long winded posts begging for karma. So whatever they're going off about, it's probably nothing important.

The HUGO awards, however, have always been a joke. Last year they gave an award to fucking AO3 - Archive of Our Own. A site for fujoshi's to post fanfic on korean boybands/Star Wars guys/Marvel Heroes fucking each other and getting MPregged by dog dicks (Alpha Omega Beta fanfics; every big fandom has at least one by now). Like, I don't know how anyone can take anything from them seriously or even care. Especially over pronunciation because White Males are no longer allowed to win anything, so you're stuck now with shitty wymyn power names and african screams. Who wouldn't fuck up.

If you're going to blast GRRM, do it because he's dragging his heels on his damn ASOIAF series. No one cares about Wild Cards.

Tags
None