Diseased #Comicsgate - The Culture Wars Hit The Funny Books!

Gee Willows Wilson!

Holy Hijab, Ms. Marvel!
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1201124

Well, doesn't that just look and sound awful.
Ah, another quality comic from IDW.

To be fair, I think this line of comics is geared more for children... So at the very least it's not Children of the Atom or New Warriors

It is pretty hilarious how that group of tards around Ethan... Including himself will call everyone against them SJWs. Just a blanket statement of SJW. In the drive through at McDonalds. They forgot his upsized fries... THEY DID DIS BECUZ DEY R SJDUBYAS!!!!! Someone forgets to hold the elevator... THEY DID DIS BECUZ DEY R SJDUBYAS!!!!! Someone cuts them off in traffic... THEY DID DIS BECUZ DEY R SJDUBYAS!!!!! Someone calls out obvious lies... THEY DID DIS BECUZ DEY R SJDUBYAS!!!!!

Kinda like when the SJW's used to blindly call everyone and everything that didn't like them or called them out a "Nazi" back in the good ole days.
I admit I used to think this way, but remembered I'm usually pretty fucking rational. When you and Andy came out against CG and Ethan specifically, Most rational people didn't jump on the "SJW" train. But a lot did.

The thing is, you need to be smart about it. For example, when the Oscars came out and all the tards were screaming about Parasite (which deserved the Oscar) winning being the work of "LEFTIST PROPAGANDA FORCED DIVERSITY SJWS!". The most famous being the fat neckbeard with his wall of comics complaining. Sitting in front of Jane Foster Thor, who, I would submit is actual SJW work. Jane Foster was never a favorite character (Unlike Storm or Beta Ray Bill who did wield Mjolnir to no one's disgust) but the writer had a hard on for her, and so he helped paved the way to making her the 'best Thor ever to be Thor' even taking the fuckers name. There was no reason to make her Thor, it lead to nothing, and it's sales started to decline once the novelty of her wore off. A lot of characters were born out of this shit, the modern run of Captain Marvel was born out of this shit.

If everything is SJW then really, nothing is. It's the status quo and YOU become the outcast, they are the norm.

On another note, anyone else worried about Peter Simeti... I can't fight this feeling in my gut that he's being led down a path that might lose most of his customers.

Smug Freiza

Muh 6 gorrillion Namekians is Saiyan propaganda.
kiwifarms.net
On another note, anyone else worried about Peter Simeti... I can't fight this feeling in my gut that he's being led down a path that might lose most of his customers.
How so? I don't have twitter so I'm not really up to date on what he and Alterna have been up to. Peters pretty much loved by almost everybody, I'm sure his pretty adept at dodging spergs by now.

Geekthulhu

kiwifarms.net
Ah, another quality comic from IDW.

To be fair, I think this line of comics is geared more for children... So at the very least it's not Children of the Atom or New Warriors

I admit I used to think this way, but remembered I'm usually pretty fucking rational. When you and Andy came out against CG and Ethan specifically, Most rational people didn't jump on the "SJW" train. But a lot did.

The thing is, you need to be smart about it. For example, when the Oscars came out and all the tards were screaming about Parasite (which deserved the Oscar) winning being the work of "LEFTIST PROPAGANDA FORCED DIVERSITY SJWS!". The most famous being the fat neckbeard with his wall of comics complaining. Sitting in front of Jane Foster Thor, who, I would submit is actual SJW work. Jane Foster was never a favorite character (Unlike Storm or Beta Ray Bill who did wield Mjolnir to no one's disgust) but the writer had a hard on for her, and so he helped paved the way to making her the 'best Thor ever to be Thor' even taking the fuckers name. There was no reason to make her Thor, it lead to nothing, and it's sales started to decline once the novelty of her wore off. A lot of characters were born out of this shit, the modern run of Captain Marvel was born out of this shit.

If everything is SJW then really, nothing is. It's the status quo and YOU become the outcast, they are the norm.

Wasn't the purpose of Jane Foster becoming "Thor" to prevent her death from cancer? I didn't really mind the story that much because they were trying to do a bit more with it other than just making a female Thor. There was an arc that helped mature Thor more. Falling into the Odin role.

• Horrifying
Reactions: boofit and Adamska

Gee Willows Wilson!

Holy Hijab, Ms. Marvel!
kiwifarms.net
How so? I don't have twitter so I'm not really up to date on what he and Alterna have been up to. Peters pretty much loved by almost everybody, I'm sure his pretty adept at dodging spergs by now.
I might be wrong, but it seems like EVS is trying to get him to change his business model. I don't think he's doing it maliciously, but I feel like this could lead to less sales and more cost, than the opposite.

But you're right, Peter is smart, so maybe he won't take all the advice he gets.

Wasn't the purpose of Jane Foster becoming "Thor" to prevent her death from cancer? I didn't really mind the story that much because they were trying to do a bit more with it other than just making a female Thor. There was an arc that helped mature Thor more. Falling into the Odin role.
I think her becoming Thor made her sicker, but while in Thor form, she wasn't "cancerous". The point is, this is a problem they made and solved themselves. No one was dying for a Jane Foster story, let alone one where she took Thor's name and powers to solve a problem that didn't need to even happen. As far as I remember, she didn't have cancer before that run, but I might be wrong. I absolutely feel that Jason Aaron only did that with Thor because there was a large backlash.

I don't like Spider-Gwen because her story is lazy, but at least that was a Multiverse story, that soon got slid into the 616 universe. I wouldn't mind Jane Foster as Thor if it were some other Universe. Right now she is Valkyrie, because again, Jason Aaron has some weird boner for Jane Foster.

The way they gave the mantle to Storm, or Throg, or Beta or whoever, is fine because Thor was still Thor. They tried to do the opposite but were met with that backlash.

Reactions: Squidbot

Geekthulhu

kiwifarms.net
I might be wrong, but it seems like EVS is trying to get him to change his business model. I don't think he's doing it maliciously, but I feel like this could lead to less sales and more cost, than the opposite.

But you're right, Peter is smart, so maybe he won't take all the advice he gets.

I think her becoming Thor made her sicker, but while in Thor form, she wasn't "cancerous". The point is, this is a problem they made and solved themselves. No one was dying for a Jane Foster story, let alone one where she took Thor's name and powers to solve a problem that didn't need to even happen. As far as I remember, she didn't have cancer before that run, but I might be wrong. I absolutely feel that Jason Aaron only did that with Thor because there was a large backlash.

I don't like Spider-Gwen because her story is lazy, but at least that was a Multiverse story, that soon got slid into the 616 universe. I wouldn't mind Jane Foster as Thor if it were some other Universe. Right now she is Valkyrie, because again, Jason Aaron has some weird boner for Jane Foster.

The way they gave the mantle to Storm, or Throg, or Beta or whoever, is fine because Thor was still Thor. They tried to do the opposite but were met with that backlash.
Didn't she get breast cancer after her family died in an accident? I think that she was sick before becoming Thor. You are right about her getting sicker. I think that it was because her chemo was removed from her body when she transformed. Thus never fighting the actual cancer.

Sure people weren't clamouring for a Jane Foster story, but neither were other people for Gewn Stacey. I tend to give stories a bit more of a chance. See where the writer goes. Sometimes it works and sometimes it backfires and even sometimes is just meh. I like to see writers try to take a chance. The one thing that is consistent in comics is nothing is permanent.

• Agree
Reactions: Gee Willows Wilson!

New Fag

kiwifarms.net

Got any tweets, vids etc, I pop into Pete's stuff semi regularly to keep on top of what's he's doing and apart from losing his temper with some idiots on twitter and saying DC, Marvel and Diamond need to start doing something, he's playing a blinder to my untrained economic and PR eyes.

Gee Willows Wilson!

Holy Hijab, Ms. Marvel!
kiwifarms.net
Didn't she get breast cancer after her family died in an accident? I think that she was sick before becoming Thor. You are right about her getting sicker. I think that it was because her chemo was removed from her body when she transformed. Thus never fighting the actual cancer.

Sure people weren't clamouring for a Jane Foster story, but neither were other people for Gewn Stacey. I tend to give stories a bit more of a chance. See where the writer goes. Sometimes it works and sometimes it backfires and even sometimes is just meh. I like to see writers try to take a chance. The one thing that is consistent in comics is nothing is permanent.
I don't know man, cancer or not, they live in a universe where the dead regularly come back to life, I don't think she really NEEDED to become Thor to get her breast cancer delayed. I think she even full-on dies at the end of the run, but comes back or some shit. Jason Aaron wanted a Jane Foster story more than most people, and he got it. So I guess in that sense, kudos to him.
That's fair, it's clear you enjoyed it just a little more than I did, but I still believe there was no real need for it to go on as long as it did. But you're right, nothing is permanent. She moved on to being Valkyrie, so whatever.

Got any tweets, vids etc, I pop into Pete's stuff semi regularly to keep on top of what's he's doing and apart from losing his temper with some idiots on twitter and saying DC, Marvel and Diamond need to start doing something, he's playing a blinder to my untrained economic and PR eyes.
Ethan has been mentioning it on his recent live streams. Nothing public between the two on Twitter that I know of, I believe they are talking in private.

• Informative
Reactions: New Fag

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
He made an appearance in one of EVS' latest streams. Haven't watched yet, but I timestamped it at 2:24:30, but as long as Peter stays the hell away from War Campaign, he should be fine.

jspit

kiwifarms.net
He made an appearance in one of EVS' latest streams. Haven't watched yet, but I timestamped it at 2:24:30, but as long as Peter stays the hell away from War Campaign, he should be fine.
No fucking way. Peter's in huge trouble I guess, worse than I thought. Up until this point he stayed clear of sides. But he's gone Billy Tucci.

With Simeti, the indy YT/comic shill market outside of CG is Pulido, Keyfabe, and the Tennaple crew.

You were wrong and no they didn't do more with it. The problem is Jason Aaron is an actual SJW, who degraded Thor to try to make Jane seem good. She was the best, at everything.

That scene where Titania punches her husband from behind for feminism? Aaron. He was buttmad at fans rejecting his shitty writing. Thor as a fucking title not his name? Aaron. Odinson? Doesn't Odin have three sons? Kindof dumb. All Aaron.

Thor's been replaced by women before. He's been replaced by Jane Foster before. It was an idea of spite at what Aaron viewed as a toxically male character. It was executed poorly with no care for internal logic or consistency. When it was subject to reasonable criticism, Aaron's response was that of an entitled five year old girl.

WhimsicalTrolli

kiwifarms.net
Peter has been streaming with those guys for about a week? I don't think this is going to turn out well, I sense purity testing gay ops or if pets doesn't turn alterna into a cg company or give cg influence like they have in igg they'll attack his business.

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
No fucking way. Peter's in huge trouble I guess, worse than I thought. Up until this point he stayed clear of sides. But he's gone Billy Tucci.
Peter has been talking to the CG guys, hell he's been on TUG's or YF stream, or both, it's been a while since I saw those streams. I think he's even been in the chat of a couple of EVS' streams. This is like the first time he's done a video chat with EVS. Could be mistake, but with the ways the pros already went at him when he was being neutral, he can't do much worse. And as much as a lot of us have been giving EVS shit, he knows how to pull in some cash. Like I said, as long as Peter knows when to duck away from internal slapfights, he'll hopefully won't catch any heat

Gee Willows Wilson!

Holy Hijab, Ms. Marvel!
kiwifarms.net
Peter has been talking to the CG guys, hell he's been on TUG's or YF stream, or both, it's been a while since I saw those streams. I think he's even been in the chat of a couple of EVS' streams. This is like the first time he's done a video chat with EVS. Could be mistake, but with the ways the pros already went at him when he was being neutral, he can't do much worse. And as much as a lot of us have been giving EVS shit, he knows how to pull in some cash. Like I said, as long as Peter knows when to duck away from internal slapfights, he'll hopefully won't catch any heat
This is what I am hoping for. If EVS is just here to signal boost his company, and get crowdfunding on his side, I am totally fine with that so long as it's kept clean and free of gayops and bullshittery.

Peter is too genuine and cool of a dude to get roped into unnecessary 'side against side' drama. He already went through that shit.
I just put in a pretty large order today too, gotta stock up for quarantine.

New Fag

kiwifarms.net
That's an interesting video, I wonder if @FROG was softballing Pete since every suggestion he made was something Alterna has/will/is doing apart from a irl convention.

• Centralised printing and distribution, Alterna printing partnership and Alterna distribution.
  • Premium crowdfunding, Feast or Famine IGG for a TPB included a retro style cover for issue 1 for $5.
  • Pete's always shilling Alterna books.
  • If you want to stretch definitions, Pete did an Alterna Con livestream not too long ago.

As long as he stays out of the drama he should be fine, I haven't seen any attacks about Clint being a recurring guest. Although out of morbid curiosity I'd like to see the outcome of a Alterna vs Warcampaign flame war.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Smug Freiza

jspit

kiwifarms.net
Hopefully. But once you appear on stream with Ethan, I think that's a rubicon of sorts. No coming back from that. Up until this point he's prided himself on being in between. For him to move, coupled with the shutdown of diamond, means he must be thinking about shifting business models. I just don't know that that works for the quality of content he's used. Then again, Ironsights...

That's an interesting video, I wonder if @FROG was softballing Pete since every suggestion he made was something Alterna has/will/is doing apart from a irl convention.

• Centralised printing and distribution, Alterna printing partnership and Alterna distribution.
  • Premium crowdfunding, Feast or Famine IGG for a TPB included a retro style cover for issue 1 for $5.
  • Pete's always shilling Alterna books.
  • If you want to stretch definitions, Pete did an Alterna Con livestream not too long ago.

As long as he stays out of the drama he should be fine, I haven't seen any attacks about Clint being a recurring guest. Although out of morbid curiosity I'd like to see the outcome of a Alterna vs Warcampaign flame war.
Frogs a much better artist than anyone at Alterna. Add to that he isn't half as savvy as people think. His model works for him because he's got a higher level product that while still overpriced, is not nearly as overpriced as charging 25 bucks for two comics slapped together.

Alterna's model worked well in the current model.

Last edited:

Mister Dongs

kiwifarms.net
Nobody gets swatted and branded a nazi by industry professionals and influencers and either forgives or forgets it. Simeti didn't want to exclude anyone because he's a good businessman and that's what good businessmen do, but at this point the direct market is no longer good business and he's just starting to express how he truly feels after being treated like he has.

On the face of it, Comicsgate and Alterna have completely opposite aims, one trying to sell high price point quality items to a select customer base and the other hawking low-cost product put out on newsprint to any outlet that will take it so it's not obvious how the two are going to meet up. But a friendly publishing arm is a friendly publishing arm and I have no doubt the first CG member to figure out how to innovate something with Alterna is going to make a lot of money.