Souls Thread: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Bloodborne -

The Demon Pimp of Razgriz

Still Pimpin
kiwifarms.net
Fucking hell. I thought he wasn't supposed to attack until you got to the middle of the room... How the hell do you get past him to the stairs?

Edit: oh, random chance is the answer I see... Guess I'll keep trying.
The fight is a complete crapshoot unfortunately. Its probably one of the few instances in Dark Souls I would call grossly unfair, and every reviewer who does a long form review of the game will generally point it out as such.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: The 8 of Spades

broilerrx

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Unless you have under 10 str, farm for the Balder Shield in the Parish. The Balder Knights with the medium shield might drop them. It's the highest stability meidum shield in the game. You'll want to upgrade that shit, because the Balder Shield is reliable under most circumstances, and the stability will certainly help during this battle.

While luck does indeed factor into it, best approach I've found is to bumrush for the stairs in the arena, doing your best to dodge the dogs and the boss. Once you get to the dead end, face towards the steps, shield raised. The Capra Demon should fall off, should he attempt to attack. From there, you can take out the dogs, then focus on the Capra Demon.

The problem with that bossfight is that the infamous dogs were intended to come out of their cages after the fight, or something to that effect.

purpleboy

Exceptional the Individualhog
kiwifarms.net
:late:er than Bob's funeral, but I just got Dark Souls 3 a few weeks back, pray for me
IMG_1597.JPG

From what I gather, Dark 3 and Demon are in the 8/10 range, Dark 1 and Bloodborne are in the 9/10 range, Dark 2 is like a 6/10 (7/10 with SOTFS enhancements), and Slashy Souls is for autistic men with big manboobs

Last edited:

Ruin

Big tiddy Nazi GF
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is Martyr Logarius supposed to be this easy? Two viscerals ended him and I honestly remember him being much harder the first time I played.

Dylan

kiwifarms.net
When ds3 became a thing and cancerous youtubers started making pvp trolling videos it attracted the shittiest people possible. Every try hard points down and throws shit. Didn't see this during gfwl dark souls period. Prople were quite respectful back then.

The only decent DS youtuber is Moose Torrent. He doesn't harrass newcomers. There is chasethebro who may be rrspectful, but he's still quite a scumbag twinking in highwall of lothric with his crappy canadian internet.

BatNapalm

Killed Captain Clown
kiwifarms.net
My Dark Souls Remastered tale of woe.

So I've been playing a lot of Dark Souls Remastered for the PS4 this month and as of Wednesday I was close to the end of the game, since I got the last Lord's Soul (saved Bed of Chaos last, jesus fuck) but I figured I would play through the Abysswalker DLC before fighting Gwyn and completing my initial playthrough.

Note that I bought the original verson of the game for PS3 when it first came out, so this is a game that has eluded me for like 7 years. And yet, here I finally was, halfway through the DLC that I saved until the end and a cunthair away from beating the game...

Then I go to turn on my PS4 last night, it boots in Safe Mode and I get that fucking "Insert a USB drive with an update file to blahblahblah" error. I was using a 1TB external HD for my PS4 storage and had no backup (can you even make a backup of PS4 data saved on an external HD? I was under the impression you could only make backups of the data on the system's internal HD). I check my external HD on my pc and for some fucking reason, the shit is blank and suddenly no longer in exFAT format.

So yeah, had to do the clean install (using a different external HD of course) on the system just so it would boot up again and I lost...fucking...everything.

Also, no chance of me finally pushing ahead with that Bloodborne NG+ now either.

It will probably be a month before I even feel like picking up another controller after that bullshit. Just fuck my shit up. (:_(

Last edited:

purpleboy

Exceptional the Individualhog
kiwifarms.net
When ds3 became a thing and cancerous youtubers started making pvp trolling videos it attracted the shittiest people possible. Every try hard points down and throws shit. Didn't see this during gfwl dark souls period. Prople were quite respectful back then.

The only decent DS youtuber is Moose Torrent. He doesn't harrass newcomers. There is chasethebro who may be rrspectful, but he's still quite a scumbag twinking in highwall of lothric with his crappy canadian internet.
Calm down niggz

Jaimas

Autism War Correspondent
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is Martyr Logarius supposed to be this easy? Two viscerals ended him and I honestly remember him being much harder the first time I played.
If you go in early on to try to get the juicy shit early from Cainhurt Castle, he's quite difficult, especially if you were running a Skill build. If you went in later on, especially after paying the Hunter's Nightmare a visit, however, he's almost laughably simple save for his periodic lulzsplosions.

The 8 of Spades

This Is Our Church, These Are Your Sins.
kiwifarms.net
I've been bouncing between games and went back to the DaS remaster again, finished ringing the blight town bell and got out of there thinking "Thank God, finally!"

Then I walked into Sen's Funhouse of Fuck You. Holy hell.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've been bouncing between games and went back to the DaS remaster again, finished ringing the blight town bell and got out of there thinking "Thank God, finally!"

Then I walked into Sen's Funhouse of Fuck You. Holy hell.
There's a hidden bonfire near the end. Once you get to the giants that throw boulders if you check around the edge of the castle there's a spot with a bonfire you can drop down to. And yeah, that whole spot is a bitch. Hopefully you have a bow to snipe.

• Informative
Reactions: The 8 of Spades

BroccoliBrain

my corpus callosum is green
kiwifarms.net
So today is first time I picked up DS3 after a couple of months’ break. Killed Champion Gravetender for the first time on my second try on NG+, didn’t have the DLC in NG. I’ve fought the Nameless King before and always summoned (the Stormdrake’s a pain) but again, in NG+, he died after the second attempt. Feels good, man.

I guess I paid for those victories with NPC questlines because I’m very sure I didn’t fuck anything up yet Greirat died in his #2 outing to Irithyl (despite Siegward being available) and I rescued the onion from his cell but he never helped out in Yhorm’s fight, no cutscenes. No idea why that happened but I will acknowledge I fucked up with Orbeck and missed out on Creighton’s set, if there’s anything I don’t like about this game it’s the ‘quests’, I wouldn’t even be able to know if I’ve started one if I didn’t read about it beforehand and therefore it’s why I don’t consider that part of the game’s replay value as people often justify it.

About Orbeck, I didn’t give him all scrolls, I ensured he would stay by giving him at least one, then bought every spell he had at the time which triggered him to leave. Only then did I find the remaining scrolls at the Grand Archives but he was gone. He’s supposed to be available for the Twin Princes fight but I never saw his sign where it was meant to be, even after reloading the area and beating another boss. God damn it.

chicken wings

Certified Instagram Dietician
kiwifarms.net

Respectful in DS1? You mean when I could easily get invaded by someone loaded up to his eyeballs with a Havelmonster loadout and trolling fresh characters mucking aroud in the Parish?

I never understood what is it with you people and PvP "etiquette". If it's online, there's going to be shitty people. Isn't that what PvP covenants are for? To invade and wreck your shit? It's frustrating but lo, let me pull out the Souls mantra of git gud. Or play offline. Getting twinked in the high wall? Tough shit. The invasions aren't as insanely unbalanced like DS2 where you can get invaded even while hollow.

And if you're talking about unofficial dueling arenas like Pontiff's, once again, not everyone has to adhere to the community's meta. How much do you rage when people point down instead of bowing serious. I wan't to know how much it wrecks your day.

Last edited:

Burned Man

Trans-Legion burnedgender Mormankin
kiwifarms.net
Respectful in DS1? You mean when I could easily get invaded by someone loaded up to his eyeballs with a Havelmonster loadout and trolling fresh characters mucking aroud in the Parish?

I never understood what is it with you people and PvP "etiquette". If it's online, there's going to be shitty people. Isn't that what PvP covenants are for? To invade and wreck your shit? It's frustrating but lo, let me pull out the Souls mantra of git gud. Or play offline. Getting twinked in the high wall? Tough shit. The invasions aren't as insanely unbalanced like DS2 where you can get invaded even while hollow.

And if you're talking about unofficial dueling arenas like Pontiff's, once again, not everyone has to adhere to the community's meta. How much do you rage when people point down instead of bowing serious. I wan't to know how much it wrecks your day.
I always liked some etiquette in my duels nothing too major. When my friends and I would play we would adhere to a few rules. Do some kind of gesture to signal you are ready, no running away or trying to get npcs in on the fight, no healing estus. Failure to follow those simple rules or some other scummy shit would result in a gank squad. It was always a fun time whether we butchered them or all died trying.

BroccoliBrain

my corpus callosum is green
kiwifarms.net
I don’t participate in hardcore meta pvp but I am rather disappointed with some boss weapons are boring or bad, like why use them over a LKS with resin? That weapon looks and feels boring as shit but I don’t want to gimp myself. Not asking that, say, the Storm Curved Sword becomes OP but the damage is lacking, not to mention Storm Ruler has the better wind effects even though I transposed this from the soul of the Nameless fucking King??

chicken wings

Certified Instagram Dietician
kiwifarms.net
I don’t participate in hardcore meta pvp but I am rather disappointed with some boss weapons are boring or bad, like why use them over a LKS with resin? That weapon looks and feels boring as shit but I don’t want to gimp myself. Not asking that, say, the Storm Curved Sword becomes OP but the damage is lacking, not to mention Storm Ruler has the better wind effects even though I transposed this from the soul of the Nameless fucking King??
I only use boss weapons when I'm pushing my cosplay PvP. Have a few kills under my belt but way more success with just spamming R1 on an Astora greatsword. It's quite amazing when an early game weapon trumps an endgame Firelink sword.

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
:late:er than Bob's funeral, but I just got Dark Souls 3 a few weeks back, pray for me
View attachment 615331

From what I gather, Dark 3 and Demon are in the 8/10 range, Dark 1 and Bloodborne are in the 9/10 range, Dark 2 is like a 6/10 (7/10 with SOTFS enhancements), and Slashy Souls is for autistic men with big manboobs
All three souls games are better or worse at different things, they're not interchangeable and are hard to score against each other. I'd say DS3 is the worst at what it's trying to do though.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
All three souls games are better or worse at different things, they're not interchangeable and are hard to score against each other. I'd say DS3 is the worst at what it's trying to do though.
I think 3 is the best when it comes to gameplay and it has the absolute hardest bosses even if you're good at Souls. It is however the most linear unlike 1 and 2. I really liked how 2 did it where you could skip the tutorial section and skip the easier route and go straight to the hard route at the pier.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino