DSP's Loan & Savings Company -

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
I feel like it's useless to keep track of these kinds of things, but maybe it's worth it just to keep records of:

DSP said last night that these "bills" all get charged to him between the 8th and the 15th:
2-3 credit cards
"installment loan"
condo dues
utilities

These "all have to clear" between last night (7th) and when he gets Twitch money.

Why he can't just pay these bills on the 15th, I have no idea. His credit is already fucked, so why not pay late fees instead of overdrafting? Also, late fees usually don't apply in less than a week, especially things like condo dues and utilities.

This is all assuming DSP is telling the truth though.

Comma

kiwifarms.net
During today's Minescam stream he said he gets paid by Youtube between the 22nd and 23rd of the month. I'll add a clip when I have more time, (probably much) later on today.

Here you go:

(17:01)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Haunter

DSPGouting

Wolverine Toy Provocateur
kiwifarms.net
Has one that tips go to and the other for payments and random things. Wonder if he has patreon/youtube go to a different account. Mentions it @2hour mark
I really feel like the IRS would have a field day auditing our boy Dave.. multiple Paypals, credit cards, twitch payments etc etc. No wonder no one wanted to be his tax fixer person.

irsfielddaywithdave.JPG

On another note, its most likely been said but dave really doesn't seem to understand how income tax works. lets say he 'works' for a year and makes $100. Typically the government will automatically deduct the 25% (for example) from your wages and you are left with $75 at the end of the year.

How did dave get it into his head that if he was 'self employed', a 'sole trader' or a 'business' that he just didn't have to pay any tax on his earnings because it wasn't magically deducted? really baffles me that he didn't look at the $100 and put the $25 aside for when Uncle Sam knocks on the door.

How much are we betting that he STILL isn't putting away the $25 every year out of his 'earnings' (beggings).. That's why there is a "Muh Tahkses" saga every year..

• Agree
Reactions: Raven'sChild

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
During today's Minescam stream he said he gets paid by Youtube between the 22nd and 23rd of the month. I'll add a clip when I have more time, (probably much) later on today.
From Youtube's Adsense payment FAQ: "The AdSense payment cycle is monthly. As long as you’ve completed the steps to get paid, we’ll issue a payment between the 21st and the 26th of the month."

So that's an accurate statement on his part and good to know.

Muppetmode

kiwifarms.net
I really feel like the IRS would have a field day auditing our boy Dave.. multiple Paypals, credit cards, twitch payments etc etc. No wonder no one wanted to be his tax fixer person.

View attachment 963504

On another note, its most likely been said but dave really doesn't seem to understand how income tax works. lets say he 'works' for a year and makes $100. Typically the government will automatically deduct the 25% (for example) from your wages and you are left with $75 at the end of the year.

How did dave get it into his head that if he was 'self employed', a 'sole trader' or a 'business' that he just didn't have to pay any tax on his earnings because it wasn't magically deducted? really baffles me that he didn't look at the $100 and put the $25 aside for when Uncle Sam knocks on the door.

How much are we betting that he STILL isn't putting away the $25 every year out of his 'earnings' (beggings).. That's why there is a "Muh Tahkses" saga every year..
Probably why he supposedly pays the tax guy a lot. Probably just sets a pile of transaction printouts from PayPal and says good luck

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He's outright said that he "can't" put aside money for taxes because he needs to pay bills. A tax begathon (if not multiple) is absolutely on the horizon.
I'm not buying this 100%. He's also said that he hasn't paid "all" of the taxes. I think he's been making the quarterly payments because he has to due to the whole payment plan with the IRS from last year's taxes. That said, he will 1000% have a tax-related begathon or 10 before April 15th, 2020.

Wurstbrot

Khet agrees with me
kiwifarms.net
I think it's $15 plus tax, FYI. So please consider that, but yeah, again; I can't afford anything new right now
Quote kidnapped from the $20 thread.

This math always gave me a headache, it smells like fraud. He wants games gifted, but please gift more to account for taxes.

Okay, I'm not a tax expert, but I'm 80% certain that a gift with adds is still the same gift but with slightly more value. It accounts for nothing. It's not even a business expense, he paid nothing to get it. Of course even a gift has to get taxed, but the cash he demands on top is part of his business income, ALSO gets taxed, right? And with fraudulent motivation the game itself could maybe get subtracted as a business expense, right? So what the fuck is this additional demand?

Remember the times Phil bitched cuz he made TOO MUCH money and therefore had to pay more taxes? It's just the exact same again! Those 25% or whatever aren't invisible, they are income.
Does he calculate an infinite tax cycle where the money for taxes gets taxed, which gets taxed, which gets taxed... therefore every purchase is part of an equation until the final smallest taxation tends to zero? Would explain his greedy extra demand.

I post this in hope someone corrects me and confirms that Phil did nothing wrong and everything correct.

ReentryPhantom

All tips received go DIRECTLY to the bills!
kiwifarms.net
Quote kidnapped from the $20 thread.

This math always gave me a headache, it smells like fraud. He wants games gifted, but please gift more to account for taxes.

Okay, I'm not a tax expert, but I'm 80% certain that a gift with adds is still the same gift but with slightly more value. It accounts for nothing. It's not even a business expense, he paid nothing to get it. Of course even a gift has to get taxed, but the cash he demands on top is part of his business income, ALSO gets taxed, right? And with fraudulent motivation the game itself could maybe get subtracted as a business expense, right? So what the fuck is this additional demand?

Remember the times Phil bitched cuz he made TOO MUCH money and therefore had to pay more taxes? It's just the exact same again! Those 25% or whatever aren't invisible, they are income.
Does he calculate an infinite tax cycle where the money for taxes gets taxed, which gets taxed, which gets taxed... therefore every purchase is part of an equation until the final smallest taxation tends to zero? Would explain his greedy extra demand.

I post this in hope someone corrects me and confirms that Phil did nothing wrong and everything correct.
So he doesn't pay sales tax on any digitally-received good.

Attachments

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
Remember the times Phil bitched cuz he made TOO MUCH money and therefore had to pay more taxes?
I still contend that DSP doesn't view taxes as a percentage of his income; they are another bill to be paid. When his income goes up, the bill goes up. Meanwhile the money goes into a black hole vortex and is never seen again.

Of course, this is the same guy that claimed that emerald_seven and king_tut fucked him over because they gave "too much money", meaning that the rest of his fans tipped him less. That's probably one of the reasons why he immediately hid evidence and banned anyone that mentioned that time he got the $1000 or $1100 tip overnight.

Prince Lotor

All I want for Christmas is two Altean bitches
kiwifarms.net
So he doesn't pay sales tax on any digitally-received good.
Does the PlayStation store have an area where he can claim a business exemption from sales tax when he purchases digital goods? Or Nintendo or XBox for that matter?
It would be interesting if he submitted all his sales tax payments for his business to the state for a refund at the end of the year or something, but I'm somewhat sceptical that Phil would be able to figure this out.
I don't live somewhere that has implemented sales tax on online purchases so I have no idea, of course Phil's state being heavily reliant on sales tax for fiscal solvency was one of the first to implement it ;)

As it is, Phil's income that he uses to make business purchases is not taxed at the Federal level. If he is not paying sales tax on his game purchases then he is not paying any taxes on income he uses to purchase games. He has included sales tax in his 'You need to donate enough for da Tahxes too' begging though. . .
I don't know. I would think if he were to have this pointed out to him amicably he would probably provide an answer. I still doubt Phil would do anything about it to save what probably amounts to like $300 a year, or $30 a month, in savings. He won't even do that thing people keep saying would save him thousands where he changes his business from a single proprietor to the one where he is an employee of his business with profit sharing or whatever people were saying.

SoapQueen1

speed bump, failed business, retired tism wrangler
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
@ DarksydePhil : (14 November 2014 - 03:27 AM)would you pay 3 thousand dollars to walk into a room of people where you regularly get shit thrown all over you, and nobody will stick up for you? sorry but that's the equivalent of what this site has become. since you guys basically all threatened to leave look at how much MORE negativity has joined the site. all the outside elements that weren't welcome that are now. and the fact that i regularly get attacked/insulted/slandered with statements like "you only care about money and everyone knows it" and nothing is done?
Quote from his old forum's shoutbox indicating he was paying $3K a year for his ghost town website.

tzgnilki

kiwifarms.net

View attachment 963504

hopefully the next tax saga is the last one before he is forced to sell his house

That Hedonist Nerd

Pig Whisperer & Boomer
kiwifarms.net
So this is exactly what I was saying. Phil immediately pulls all funds out of his Paypal upon availability, and to refund this guy's $20 he had to wait until he got more tips the next day. What if he doesn't get enough tips? Does Paypal charge fees if your account goes negative?
Hrmmm. New theory:

Assuming that Dave immediately pulls all money out of PayPal into a bank account every day.
He keeps getting messages about his bank account being over drawn. That's a fairly recent development.
PayPal has agreements with many banks - especially all of the big name ones. Essentially, if PayPal requests an ACH transfer from a bank account, and that person doesn't have enough money, PayPal will still receive the funds and your account will go negative even if you don't have Overdraft protection.

So if Dave transfers his PayPal monies to his bank account, then a bunch of people dispute it and win, PayPal will force a transfer from Dave's bank account linked to PayPal to cover it.

I bet that happened once, a few months ago and now it's a new arc to his narrative. He learns how to scam more money only through accidental discoveries.

neger psykolog

moon goons for communism detection
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Every time someone successfully wins a chargeback against DSP's PayPal he gets fined $20.
It doesn't matter if the chargeback is unsuccessful, he gets fined $20.
1570687579297.png

Chargeback meaning when someone contacts their own bank and reverses the charge, not when someone opens a dispute within PayPal internally. You can read the rest of that page, and the protections PayPal has do not apply to anything DSP does, so he would get these fines.
1570687680361.png

DarkSoulsPhil

kiwifarms.net
Every time someone successfully wins a chargeback against DSP's PayPal he gets fined $20.
It doesn't matter if the chargeback is unsuccessful, he gets fined $20.
View attachment 965806

Chargeback meaning when someone contacts their own bank and reverses the charge, not when someone opens a dispute within PayPal internally. You can read the rest of that page, and the protections PayPal has do not apply to anything DSP does, so he would get these fines.
View attachment 965809
Wait...that means that if detractors charge back every $1 tip with their bank...Dave gets hit with $20 PER TRANSACTION?

That sounds insane and way too open to abuse. I'm surprised more detractors haven't tried to bankrupt him this way (if true)

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino