Orbiter Kat Speculation -

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

Which crazy sister with a multiple court appearances is hotter?

• Kat

Votes: 16 6.6%
  • Jenna

Votes: 97 39.8%
  • I drank the water and now I'm gay so I don't know

Votes: 131 53.7%

• Total voters

Cyber Bowling

kiwifarms.net
Phil still does his planned out meals for the week, and also plans out his grocery trips. If Kat picks anything up while at work, it'll throw off all of Phil's plans. I think that's the real reason he was so upset over not having rice for their meal a week or two ago. Not because they had to get Taco Bell (yes, that one that's in the parking lot of Fred Meyer) and they got their order wrong.
Adding onto this, food is also one of the few things Phil still seems to get enjoyment out of. Think about the CT trip, I think there were more tweets/post stream discussions about the food at the restaurants compared to the wedding. In addition to playing into his weird schedule fixation, I think it helps him LARP as an adult.

Prince Lotor

. . .and the blackest eyes. The Devil's eyes.
kiwifarms.net
Adding onto this, food is also one of the few things Phil still seems to get enjoyment out of. Think about the CT trip, I think there were more tweets/post stream discussions about the food at the restaurants compared to the wedding. In addition to playing into his weird schedule fixation, I think it helps him LARP as an adult.
I never thought about this before, but I bet Phil's mom didn't let him pick out what to eat like ever until he was in his late teens and she stopped dressing him and combing his hair and whatnot.
I bet the act of deciding what food he wants to eat makes him feel like a big boy who doesn't need a bib. Whenever he was on his own he just ate absolute garbage like McDonald's twice a day, lots of alcohol, two large pizzas by himself, Hungry Man dinners, food he dropped on the floor, and he gets fat as fuck. Then when he has a lady trapped in his web of lies he tries to act fancy and make them cook what he wants and goes to fancy restaurants. That's why he throws a little tantrum when he's served mashed potatoes two days in a row, that's poor people food, he want's a cheesy sliced potato casserole that takes 40 fucking minutes as a side dish.

BallBuster

kiwifarms.net
So he is $15,000 in debt on a 3 year old $20,000 car so his horse can drive half a mile to work half the week. She could fucking walk to work or ride a damn bike.

Let’s say she works 4 days a week. That’s 2 miles round trip. Let’s tack on an extra 10 miles in good faith for the weekly pigroach mall crawl. 50 miles a month. That’s 600 miles a year. Let’s add another 200 miles for maybe doctors appointment and odds and ends.

800 miles a year. Now let me put this into further perspective:

He pays $380 a month for the car. I think the insurance is at least 200 a month because he needs full coverage on a car with a loan. $600 dollars a month.

$7,200 a year to drive roughly 800 miles. This my friends, is the apex of exceptionalism. His car is apparently safe in the bankruptcy but if they were to look into what he pays and Then the lack of use the car gets they may think differently. I’m just fucking floored right now.

DiabeticSP

kiwifarms.net
"It's cheaper in the long run to buy a new car than a used car" is the kind of thing a salesman tells Phil and Phil gobbles the fuck up because he's an idiot who things more money equals better value.

Phil doesn't care to think to realize thats true only if you're putting 50k+ miles on a car after you buy it. Phil doesn't commute so its infinitely cheaper to buy used.

Buyers Market, dude. I would have lost money not getting the new car.

BallBuster

kiwifarms.net
"It's cheaper in the long run to buy a new car than a used car" is the kind of thing a salesman tells Phil and Phil gobbles the fuck up because he's an idiot who things more money equals better value.

Phil doesn't care to think to realize thats true only if you're putting 50k+ miles on a car after you buy it. Phil doesn't commute so its infinitely cheaper to buy used.

Buyers Market, dude. I would have lost money not getting the new car.
My estimates on the low end put the value of the car at around $22,000 when he bought it brand new. It looks like he has a Five year loan which when added together with the inflated insurance coats because the car isn’t paid off will have him paying over $36,000 for this car when he finally makes the final payment.

The car will hold its value however because it is a corolla (like the most reliable car ever) and it gets on average 2-3 miles a day put on it. By the time 2022 rolls around the car is paid off it will be around 7,000 miles and probably still worth 13-14k.

What he should do is sell it now at $15,000 while he can still get that, take 3-4k and buy a used Civic or Corolla (older) and dump the other 10K directly into the principal (or sell it and see if someone will take over the payments). That car is a $600 a month boat anchor at this point.

Lady Adjani

not actually a lady
kiwifarms.net
What he should do is sell it now at $15,000 while he can still get that, take 3-4k and buy a used Civic or Corolla (older) and dump the other 10K directly into the principal (or sell it and see if someone will take over the payments). That car is a $600 a month boat anchor at this point.
Philip doesn't downgrade, that's like expecting him to sell his house and move back into a khando, never going to happen, not of his own accord anyway.

A car is a nice thing to have even if you don't need it on a daily basis, relying on other people for transportation is annoying. But Dave should at least drive it around the block a couple of times in order to let it warm up to ideal working temps., something that probably never happens when Kat is driving it such short distances. Then again that's a lot to ask of someone that didn't have the oil changed in his BMW for YEARS.

darkwingosonichugorl

kiwifarms.net
The car will hold its value however because it is a corolla (like the most reliable car ever) and it gets on average 2-3 miles a day put on it. By the time 2022 rolls around the car is paid off it will be around 7,000 miles and probably still worth 13-14k.

Easier said than done. I've been shopping for used Corollas for years and they don't come around often. People jump on them because they're reliable tanks.

One thing you can't shit on Phil for, downgrading from the BMW to the Corolla. I'm still shocked he did that. You can argue that Phil doesn't need a car at all, but whatever.

tripmix

kiwifarms.net
But the on-board Hal 9000 diagnostic computer didn't tell Dave that he had to get the oil changed. It wasn't his fault. He did everything correct.
I've never quite got this detractor meme. There is diagnostic computers in most cars (including the corolla) and hell most cars from the last 20 years have incorporated on board diagnostics (OBD)

Phil was never using the BMW either so how could he get it close to 10,000 miles?

1581019358638.png

FYI dont wait for the change oil light to come on by that point your engines already suffered.

I can only assume we're talking about transportation in the Kat thread because horses are methods of transport as well right?

Reactions: the khat quaffer

This comment matters

kiwifarms.net
I've never quite got this detractor meme. There is diagnostic computers in most cars (including the corolla) and hell most cars from the last 20 years have incorporated on board diagnostics (OBD)

Phil was never using the BMW either so how could he get it close to 10,000 miles?

View attachment 1133146

FYI dont wait for the change oil light to come on by that point your engines already suffered.

I can only assume we're talking about transportation in the Kat thread because horses are methods of transport as well right?
Oil also degrades over time. That's why you hear 6 months/ 6000 miles whatever comes first.

BallBuster

kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1133146

Oil degrades over time. If you don’t hit a mile threshold then oil should be changed every 6 months. Even the expensive full synthetic stuff requires a change every few months.

• Agree
Reactions: actually

Schmeckel

Praise 'til you're hollow
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1133146

I don't know which of the billions of pre-shtreems it came from, so I can't link that. What I CAN do is link a video where DesTiny hammers on Phil about the stupid shit he says about cars.

From about 8:41 on is when he talks about his experience with BMW.

Khet is the one who drives the car almost exclusively. And her commute is 0.6 miles. DSP has a 2017 Corolla that has only 5k miles on it. I think the greater point is that it's a waste of money to have a car THAT new/nice-ish if their weekly mileage probably barely breaks 10.

Prince Lotor

. . .and the blackest eyes. The Devil's eyes.
kiwifarms.net
I don't know which of the billions of pre-shtreems it came from, so I can't link that. What I CAN do is link a video where DesTiny hammers on Phil about the stupid shit he says about cars.

From about 8:41 on is when he talks about his experience with BMW.

Khet is the one who drives the car almost exclusively. And her commute is 0.6 miles. DSP has a 2017 Corolla that has only 5k miles on it. I think the greater point is that it's a waste of money to have a car THAT new/nice-ish if their weekly mileage probably barely breaks 10.
Not only did he not change the oil, in 3 years he had zero maintenance done on his BMW, and he claims "by the way it wasn't my choice to get zero maintenance done on the car, they never contacted me about the maintenance," also "it was supposed to come with satellite radio but it didn't" AKA piggy couldn't figure it out. He also says used cars have no warranty and no free maintenance. Also it's impossible for Leanna to get to her job without a car. Hmmm, what does Leanna do now? Oh, she takes the bus to work like a financially responsible adult.
Also Phil would like you to give Leanna's soap shop a look, Phil only washes himself with Leanna's soap.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
DSP damn near had a meltdown the other day when someone suggested Kat do some part time Ubering to help cover expenses.

I know it was probably a troll suggestion (then again, who knows with DSP's fans), but it's still kind of odd for a man to go through a complete financial meltdown and his wife is still content with her 20 hours per week minimum wage job.

Muppetmode

kiwifarms.net
DSP damn near had a meltdown the other day when someone suggested Kat do some part time Ubering to help cover expenses.

I know it was probably a troll suggestion (then again, who knows with DSP's fans), but it's still kind of odd for a man to go through a complete financial meltdown and his wife is still content with her 20 hours per week minimum wage job.
It’s a perfectly logical suggestion, even if it was from a troll. There’s no reason why she doesn’t. Besides Phil trying to keep her under ball and chain.

Tatu Carreta

kiwifarms.net
I think it's more likely if he makes her work full time she'll leave him. He can't lose his wife on top of the bankruptcy.
It has been said before but Phil was an incel until he meet Leanna,and the only reason why women give him the time of day is because he pays for everything when theu go out,provides a house and car while covering all the bills and probably buys their women what they want(although we never heard him say that it wouldnt surprise me,he pays for everything else.)

If you are working for minimum wage at a certain point you realize that the numbers dont add up if you want a good life,how will you ever buy property? How are you going to go on vacations? Own a car? Retirement? Etc. So you grow up and learn to do something that pays more.

Phil basically told kat that she never has to be responsible and can play vidya all day while only working 20 hours a week and he will handle everything,thats why it wouldnt surprise me if Kat leaves when Phil loses everything,he has nothing else to offer but money.

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
thats why it wouldnt surprise me if Kat leaves when Phil loses everything,he has nothing else to offer but money.
Don't underestimate the value of a roof over her head. If she moves out she's not going to have a house all to herself anymore.
Even if Phil loses his full adult house, he's still going to have some sort of housing, the bankruptcy trustee won't kick him out onto the street while he's got revenues of $100K. After all, they want him to keep streaming for The Man.

Tags
None