Mega Rad Gun Thread -

cuddle striker

please wait what is your genotype
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
We bought a house last year and I recently got a promotion with much better pay, so Mrs. Dude says I can start buying guns again. I've been wanting a Wildey since I was a little kid and I think it's finally time I got one. It's been kind of a bucket list item for me. They recently went back into production a couple years ago and the company that's making them had worked hard at fixing many of the issues with the design. It's mostly going to be one of the few fun oddities in my collection that I'll take to the range and camping for bear/cougar protection. I plan on ordering it with two barrels, a 10" barrel chambered in .475 Wildey Magnum and an 8" barrel in .45 WinMag. I was considering getting a Fostech Origin 12, but they're backlogged 8 months or so, and I'm not waiting the better part if a year for a fucking shotgun. The Wildey is about a 4 month wait, which is reasonable for something I've wanted most my life.
View attachment 755074
View attachment 755077View attachment 755078
I had a Smith and Wesson Model 28 from 1956 that was in immaculate condition. If it had 100 rounds fired through it during its life I would have been surprised. You had to angle it in the light just to see the wear line from the cylinder rotation. It had a 4" barrel, Magna grips, thin trigger, narrow hammer spur, and black sights (no orange insert in the front sight or white outline on the rear sight like the target sights) which usually means it's more of a chore to shoot, but it was the nicest shooting revolver I ever shot. Even better than my slicked up and tuned S&W 627 Performance Center. I really regret selling my big S&W magnums, but I needed the money. Eventually I will get another Model 28 and Model 57.
yeah mine was a s&w, thing kicked up to the right and no amount of stance helped. my .38 has the black sights but they don't bother me any, I figure snubs are for close range anyway. whites of the eyes and all that. that sounds like it was a great revolver though.

I got myself a wwii era pea shooter, a .25, it needed a lot of love but it is great. a pocket gun for campouts, a critter weapon. if I'm not in cougar/bear county it's what I bring.

• Feels
Reactions: The Ghost of ODB

Damocles_Sword

Shovelmech Pilot
kiwifarms.net
Ah, the wonder nines. I have a CZ-75 SP01 and it's the dirtiest shooting gun i've ever shot. After 150 rounds I had powder on my wrist from the slide and my trigger finger was nearly black. Damn accurate and great ergo, though. Thing also weight 3lbs loaded.

Reactions: cuddle striker

Sprig of Parsley

kiwifarms.net
Ah, the wonder nines. I have a CZ-75 SP01 and it's the dirtiest shooting gun i've ever shot. After 150 rounds I had powder on my wrist from the slide and my trigger finger was nearly black. Damn accurate and great ergo, though. Thing also weight 3lbs loaded.
Huh, weird. GSR or was it something like the finish coming off?

Damocles_Sword

Shovelmech Pilot
kiwifarms.net
Huh, weird. GSR or was it something like the finish coming off?
GSR, it was coming from pretty much anywhere there was a hole in the frame for gas to expel, underneath the slide and the trigger. The gun was exceptionally dirtier as well. When I bought it I ran 150 rounds through both it and my Beretta, Winchester white box if you're curious, and it had a lot more residue on it. Then I took it out again on it's own with different ammo, the Sig Sauer ammo my range sells, same result.

The Dude

My dad says that's for pussies.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's odd. I had an SP01 Tactical and I never had that issue. It was a good little gun that I'd recommend to anyone looking for a quality, reliable, affordable self defense pistol.

Damocles_Sword

Shovelmech Pilot
kiwifarms.net
That's odd. I had an SP01 Tactical and I never had that issue. It was a good little gun that I'd recommend to anyone looking for a quality, reliable, affordable self defense pistol.
It's really a non-issue, I'm not a competitive shooter, so i'm not worried about running 5-600+ rounds through it in a day and the residue gumming anything up. I shoot better groups with it than my Beretta and it's really solid. My only real gripes about it besides the gassing issue are the small real-estate on the slide and the fact you need a hammer to remove the takedown pin/slide top.

The Dude

My dad says that's for pussies.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's really a non-issue, I'm not a competitive shooter, so i'm not worried about running 5-600+ rounds through it in a day and the residue gumming anything up. I shoot better groups with it than my Beretta and it's really solid. My only real gripes about it besides the gassing issue are the small real-estate on the slide and the fact you need a hammer to remove the takedown pin/slide top.
Check out the Letherman MUT. It's a Letherman multitool specifically geared towards firearms maintenance. It's meant more for AR style rifles, but it has a small rod on it meant for making it easier to punch out take down pins and slide releases.

Damocles_Sword

Shovelmech Pilot
kiwifarms.net
Check out the Letherman MUT. It's a Letherman multitool specifically geared towards firearms maintenance. It's meant more for AR style rifles, but it has a small rod on it meant for making it easier to punch out take down pins and slide releases.
Even the CZ manual says you should just get the pin started by smacking it with the mag. It works, and is part of the CZ experience.

An Account

kiwifarms.net
I love me some lead hoses.
IMG-2688.JPG
Kind of a mishmash I know. I'm not really that interested in ARs but I felt it was my duty as a proud 'MURICAN to get one so I bought a PSA piecemeal and threw that carry handle on top. I also have a Hi-Point for the memes, and it's really not that bad with FMJs. It chokes up on hollow points, though, so my plan of using it as a gun that I could just chuck on the nightstand and not worry about kind of flew out the window.

I'm also gonna get my PS90 cut down... eventually. Not gonna lie, I'm kind of nervous about dealing with the ATF.

Sprig of Parsley

kiwifarms.net
I love me some lead hoses.
View attachment 760670
Kind of a mishmash I know. I'm not really that interested in ARs but I felt it was my duty as a proud 'MURICAN to get one so I bought a PSA piecemeal and threw that carry handle on top. I also have a Hi-Point for the memes, and it's really not that bad with FMJs. It chokes up on hollow points, though, so my plan of using it as a gun that I could just chuck on the nightstand and not worry about kind of flew out the window.

I'm also gonna get my PS90 cut down... eventually. Not gonna lie, I'm kind of nervous about dealing with the ATF.
Follow the rules, get the stamp or whatever, and I'm guessing you'll be fine. I mean, if not, at least you're equipped to contest that!

An Account

kiwifarms.net
Follow the rules, get the stamp or whatever, and I'm guessing you'll be fine. I mean, if not, at least you're equipped to contest that!
Oh no no no, I'm not about to break any federal laws. I mean I'm nervous handing all of my information over to the ATF. I guess I've seen too many memes about them being trigger happy dog-killers.

Animewasamistake

Send lewds
kiwifarms.net
Does that last rifle have a ZIP-22 mounted on it?
yep, in its elite tactical configuration, when you need a .22 that jams every what? one round?

AprilRains

One shot is all I need!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
yep, in its elite tactical configuration, when you need a .22 that jams every what? one round?

You know, in that configuration, the gun requires a tax stamp. Technically it's an SBR.

Pop-Tart

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So they finally nuked fosscad from twitter. In addition to Ivan the troll, and Imura I am thinking of dumping some links to other places to find this stuff. However you can find https://fosscad.org on their own site.

Gab is gay as shit but most of the above mentioned setup back ups there. There is also https://liberator12k.com/ Run by Jeff Rodriguez.

https://www.kommandoblog.com/ has more if need be. As most of the people related to 3d printing have some connection somewhere to /k/fags

Guys don't now its too late and the genie is out of the bottle. Heck I would argue there never was a bottle in the first place.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino